Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday!



This weekend, I'm happy to have Saturday off except for two hours of rehearsal on six arias...yipes.  Must make new recording... ammm soooo behind!!!!!!!  Also, friends and I are getting together a couple of casual recitals to get our arias up to snuff, since we have lots of new ones.  This time last week I was still frozen with horror at the prospect of singing Sempre libera in public, but by now it is less scary, and feeling more natural.  It has been lovingly placed in the program with two other more familiar arias, though not much easier, since one is Ach ich liebte, but it comes a bit more naturally to me.  After last Saturday's lesson and coaching, when I was verbally bludgeoned into submission (hello tempo, hello rhythm!) in the best, most caring way, of course, I've listened to those "tapes" as my teacher would say.  They've helped a lot to bring awareness to my little weird things that I do.  So I'm trying not to do them any more. :)

Ideas for this weekend:

1. Start a new book (I strongly recommend D.V. by Diana Vreeland or Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall)

2. Apply to at least one audition.  Some of you are already applying to long lists of things, but some of you are waiting, holding back, not doing it.  DO it!!!!!!!!  Remember, we fail at one hundred percent of things we don't attempt.

3. Go to Rite-aid and buy yourself three things for your audition/gig trip kit: Downy Wrinkle Release spray, a mini hairspray, and an extra pack of hose.  That way, you will have them when its time to go.  Better yet, make a dedicated bag thats always packed with these things, and the shoes that go with your audition dress.  If you're like me, you're usually leaving at 5:30 in the morning, when cognitive function is not exactly the best.

4. Spend an hour scanning all your audition arias to pdf, and any new scores you are working on.  Then, if you have one, send it to your Ipad or Kindle, and keep a copy in your email account at all times.  You never know when you'll need to send it to a pianist, or work on it on the bus!

5. Buy yourself a pair of these: Old Navy Snakeskin Ballet Flats
People, they are so cute, under twenty bucks, and look way more expensive than they are.

6. Make this: Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks
I know I've mentioned this before on the blog, but I made it again Wednesday night and it is impossible to underestimate the deliciousness, especially when you use real parmigiano reggiano.  Also, I don't use pancetta-- just plain old bacon.  It is an unbelievable treat.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!






No comments: