Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday

I am spending this week catching up.

The weekend was taxing, what with the fact I was up most nights coughing, and our visitors, etc. Sunday's singing went fairly well considering I was so tired, and not supposed to really be singing yet in the first place. So yesterday, I sacrificed a precious day of practice and re-conditioning to just try to rest my voice. Which, I might add, is REALLY hard to do. Because I WANT to sing. We also went out for Thai. So it wasn't a bad day after all.

Thank goodness for a rare last minute opening in my teacher's schedule Thursday night, so that I can get a bit of a tune-up, as I always try to do after I have been sick or taken any kind of extended break from singing. When I'm finally healthy and back to singing, it's easy to forget that my poor little vocal cords aren't back to normal yet, and then start pushing to compensate. And that is exactly the wrong thing to do.

However, it's feeling pretty decent in there today, and I think I'm almost ready for the throat olympics again (as Stu would say).

In other really riveting news, I need groceries. And because I am turning into such a scary cooking freak, I get really excited about planning out the meals for the week and what I'm going to make, etc. The sad thing is that this week we'll barely be home to eat. I also need clothes. Usually by this time in May, I've gone on several shopping trips. And right now we're at zero. Sigh.

No comments: