Friday, September 26, 2008

Musetta = running around the stage like a crazy person

Last night: blocking. YES. Love it.

I realized something important. I cannot sing, run around the stage, pay attention to the accompaniment to come in properly, read the blocking notes I've got written in my score, and breathe all at the same time. It just turns into quite the cacophany indeed. The director had said that she didn't care whether we sang or not, but just to try to do everything she'd given us in time with the music.

Now this is the second act, here, people. It's FAST. Basically like a bat out of hell.

Well, it wouldn't have been so bad, if my dear double-cast mate AG hadn't handled it all with such aplomb, managing to get to all the right places on the stage, AND come in, AND sing gorgeous high notes all at the same time.

Thank god it's the first rehearsal, and I've got plenty of time to work it out, at home, in privacy, with only Pete and Mimi the cats to notice how crazy I'm being. So there really is no reason to feel like a dork, but somehow I still do.

Just got an offer yesterday to do Elvira. I brought Don Giovanni to work with me today, and spend a little time look through the score. Something tells me it might be a bit much. We'll see.

Tonight, we're officially celebrating our birthdays, and going out to dinner. I'm wearing my grey boots today, too! Then, we'll go to Ms. Z's to watch the debates, which HAD BETTER BE HAPPENING. Come on, people.

No comments: